4.25.2012
Job hunting: God is so good!
So January 2012 begins, my last semester of my college career at UCM! Let the job search begin! I applied for just about every position at all the hospitals in Lees Summit, Kansas City Missouri and Kansas and Saint Louis Missouri, heard nothing. Me being a planner this was very stressful and overwhelming especially because tons of my classmates were getting jobs and having success with interviewing. I had been praying from the beginning for an obvious sign of where John and I are supposed to be following graduation. Family members and friends have split emotions and opinions about where we are supposed to be but John and I continued to press forward and wait for opportuinites to arise, at this point (end of March) I had done all I could do and now was time to sit back and wait. (I'm not very good at waiting and patience so this was quite a challenge). We finally decided if after graduation I still had no interview and no job we would move back to StL once our lease was up and continue pursuing my career there. April 3, 2012, finally a bit of hope was shining through, I had a phone interview with Truman Lakewood TMC(10 min drive) very excited! Phone interview went great the lady, Nancy, said that I should get a call within the next few day to set up a face to face interview, this occurred the following day, April 4. We set up the interview at TMC for Thursday April 19 (moms Birthday) at 8:45 am. The weeks go by and it's finally interview day, I am very excited and nervous. The interview flies by and I am told I should hear by Monday April 23. So I begin waiting once again. Friday April 20 around 4:30 I get a call from Saint Luke's East in Lees Summit (7 min drive) to set up and interview for Monday April 23 (the day I am supposed to hear from TMC, not that I actually thought I would get the position with only 4 spots available, but it was Women's Health which is my dream job, so very much hoping and praying for this one!) Monday April 23 comes and luckily John was off work so we hung out and went townhouse shopping (just in case we were to stay in Lees Summit). Time for my interview, I only went to the interview for experience, I was not very excited about the position, being very selfish about the whole thing actually. Went to the interview, it was a great interview I ended up loving the hospital and the position/opportunity seemed amazing! They told me Tuesday should would call my references and I should hear by Wednesday April 25, either way. I went home and relaxed a bit, thinking both interviews went well and we are jist supposed to move back to StL if these don't work out. Tuesday afternoon, Ryan texts me saying Saint Luke's called him for a reference check and he would be shocked if they didnt hire me, said some goofy stuff that lightened my mood and prepared me for what was to come. I realized that I had a few unanswered questions for Saint Luke's so I called Carol and left her a voicemail, 2 hours later Carol calls me back (me thinking she is returning my call and answering my questions) I got the offer. Shocked! John sat next to me and reminded me the questions I had before I accepted the position! I asked about whether or not I would be able to attend the mission trip to Haiti in July and they were so accommodating! (TMC had a no vacation time for 6 months therefore I would not have been able to go, even though it's been planned for months) This is obviously not the only reason I know God is good, but definitely a reminder, perfect timing! Great hospital! Wow, God it good and His plan is perfect! How do I doubt so often? I am so incredibly grateful to trust in the God of the universe!
So officially John and I will be in Lees Summit for another year and 3 months, until God shows us what is in store for us next! We are so incredibly blessed with terrific families and friends! Lexie will be moving to KCMO to attend UMKC in August and that means I have a sibling here also! I think it is incredible how perfect God's timing is and His plans He has for our lives! I am looking forward to starting my first big girl job June 4! Thank you Lord for your wisdom and guidance, I would be nothing without you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love love love this!!! It is crazy how we always doubt, no matter how many times He shows Himself faithful...thankful for you Cass and so excited to see what this new season of life brings...in all of it He is FAITHFUL!! I will have to come visit this year :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!