2.01.2011

Reality check

June 10 is only 4 months & 10 days away and this is crazy. Reality has definitely been setting in for John and I. Our chats have gone from planning the wedding and have turned into planning OUR LIFE. It is an amazing process and we are so blessed to know that we are going to spend our life together, but it is quite stressful. We both have ideas of our professions, ideas of where we want to live, when we want to have kids, yet there are so many unknowns.
John and I picked our wedding cake (http://www.wwcakeshop.com/images/Gallery/Simple/Heights.jpg) about 3 weeks ago and that was the last major necessity for the wedding, now it is the smaller details such as: making the centerpieces, printing, stuffing and mailing the invitations, choosing specific music we want and don't want, meeting with our photographer (http://www.stevenmichaelphoto.com/) to plan the day, buying a garter (hopefully zebra), veil and shoes (light blue Toms if they decide to sell them again), 2 more dress fittings for me, bridesmaids alterations, making/getting the wedding party gifts, the boys fittings and getting their tux, parents clothing, showers, and of course paying for everything. It is coming to the end of being engaged and the beginning of our life together and this is mind boggling. It seems that for so long we have been planning and the planning is going to turn into reality in just 4 months.
John and I visited home about 3 weeks ago to while we were there we began to search online for an apartment in KC (where we will be moving to in July/August) and decided to budget for the coming year. STRESSFUL! I realize that even if we weren’t getting married I would have to move to KC and find somewhere to live and budget, but once you’re married that means paying for all kinds insurance, phone bills, medical bills, car repairs, on top of rent, utilities, internet and food.  This is the reality that is setting in more and more every day. Reality is I will be a full time nursing student and it would be extremely difficult to work (which is going to be weird since I have always had a job since I was 15 ½ years old), so we are relying on John to get an awesome job to support us for 1 year then I will be able to begin my career as a RN!!! (Once I pass boards)
About 2 weekends ago, John and I headed to KC for Taegan’s 2nd birthday party, while we were there we drove by several apartments to get an idea of the areas that are nice and the areas we want to avoid. We found one we would love to live in, nice area, good price, gated community, awesome amenities and they even do background checks on those who live there and do not allow anyone with felonies or misdemeanors to live here (http://www.lindseymanagement.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?type=apt&id=100) (which makes me feel safe when leaving before the sun to get to school and clinical). We made an appointment and plan to visit and take a look at the inside Feb 13, which is our Valentine’s Day date, then headed to Blanc (http://www.blancburgers.com/plazamenu.html) for a fabulous dinner, if the weather decides to let us, what a crazy winter.  
Reality is setting in and prayers are needed to rely on Him through this process. Enough said, shortly the start of life together, will officially begin. Wedding website:

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Reading all of that puts me right back to those last few months leading up to Ryan an I's marriage... its so hard to believe that this year will be our 7th wedding anniversary! I remember feeling scared... not of being married to Ryan per say... but of being an actual adult, a wife. It was scary for me to leave the dependence I had with my family, which I loved having, and shift it over to depending on solely Ryan and our relationship (and God of course). The good news is the family and their love and care and support and all of it never leaves.... I am closer to my mom now then I was back then even though I thought it would have the opposite effect.. And look, Ryan and I have made it! 7 fun, hard, loving, thrilling, sometimes boring, years :) Through all of it... the hard time and hard nights, the fights, make ups, the vacations, the cooking and cleaning, the budget, the job changes, the babies, the friends... you will make it if you keep your eyes on 2 things... God and John. You have to keep that focus b/c at the end of the day, that is what you are left with... a life lived for God and honoring, loving, respecting your husband. And girl its HARD some days :) You know I am always here for you.... I can't wait to watch you become such an amazing wife and supporter to John... I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so crazy that this year is the 7th anniversary for you and Ry! You and Ryan have been such an inspiration for me. Growing up with Ryan then seeing him get married and grow into a responsible man, so amazing. It is awesome to have a relate-able, young marriage that works, to admire and look up to. John and I are going through pre-marriage counseling right now and wow am I glad we are doing this. It has brought up little, obvious things that we don't think about, such as what makes us, "us", and what we enjoy doing together (the little things). Going through this counseling just reminds me of you and Ry because neither of you are perfect and yet you are happy and live for God daily and its obvious that this is the reason you are and that is just so inspiring. I love you both (and Jake) and I want to thank you for being there and helping me realize things and showing me the true priorities and how to prioritize. You have been an awesome role model, so thank you! I can't wait till next Saturday! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cassie! I will have to share that with Ryan, b/c that is so sweet and really reminds me that you don't ever know who is "watching" you and the way you live, walk, talk...etc. You are so right, neither of us are perfect and neither is our marriage! Your mom once said to me, do you guys fight? Um, yes! lol. A healthy relationship has to have hard times, just like we need the good times! Every time we deal with something head on or its hard or it hurts, we look back and see how much we have grown which propels us to keep going at this! Out of those 7 years, some years were amazing. Some were extra joyful or fun. Some were stressful. Some were hard. Some were filled with new birth. Some were filled with heart ache. I know I am NO expert, I am just at the beginning. But I can't wait to walk side by side with you as women, wives, mothers, Christians. I pray our relationship continues to grow and deepen between us, because you are so special to me! I truly believe that young marriages do work if those two people are devoted to each other and God. People thought I was crazy, but I didn't care b/c I knew what my heart was telling me. I loved Ryan and I knew he was my man, forever! And I know you are following your heart as well :) Love you, yay for next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete